There’s nothing better than starting a brand new year than with a brand new Envato marketplace. And this is particularly relevant and exciting for the Phototuts+ readers and community as our next marketplace is a microstock photography marketplace! Yes, it’s the marketplace everyone has been waiting for and it will finally be arriving in 2011!
I’m pleased to let you know that we’ve chosen the three lucky winners who will be receiving the marketplace credit prize. Congratulations are in order to:
- Dev Wikewardane (username: wijew) – $150 marketplace credit
- Nick Haskins (username: nphaskins) – $100 marketplace credit
- Scott Kivowitz (username: scottwyden) – $50 marketplace credit
Those of you who have been invited to the new marketplace will be contacted in due course over the next few weeks!
We’re giving 50 lucky readers the opportunity of being invited as authors on PhotoDune while we’re in private beta mode. What does this mean? Not only does it mean you’ll be one of the first people to access PhotoDune as we put the finish touches to the site before we officially open our doors, but you will also have the opportunity of becoming some of the first authors to submit and sell your photography to our brand new marketplace!
So if you’re already a seasoned pro in the stock industry already or if you’ve always wanted to step into the world of selling microstock photography, this is the perfect opportunity for you to gain a competitive advantage by having your stock photography available for sale on the day we officially open our doors to customers.
How Do I Become a Beta Author?
We’re going to give away 50 exclusive invites to PhotoDune to anyone who is a photographer wishing to upload and sell their photography on PhotoDune. Simply leave the following as a comment to this post and we will choose up to 50 lucky people to become exclusive beta authors on PhotoDune!
- Your Envato marketplace user name. If you are not already a marketplace member, sign-up here, it’s quick, easy and free!
- A link to either your Flickr photo portfolio or your personal Web site containing examples of your photography.
But Wait! There’s More!
To make this even more exciting, we’re going to give away 3 prizes via a random drawing to everyone who requests an invite to become a beta author in the comments. We’re going to be giving away:
- 1st Winner: $150 Marketplace Credit for you to spend on ANY Envato marketplace
- 2nd Winner: $100 Marketplace Credit
- 3rd Winner: $50 Marketplace Credit
And that’s it! The deadline to post a request to the beta invite is one week from today, Friday, January 14th, so be sure to add a comment to this post as soon as possible! We will start sending out invites next week. Stay tuned to Phototuts+ as we’ll also let you know when PhotoDune officially launches.